Department of Music
Music Composition M.Mus/MA
**Interdisciplinary course with all the master students of the Academy.
***Research training modules
By the end of her/ his studies, the student possesses knowledge of music composition. This entails that the student should:
- Have acquired knowledge through research and creative endeavours.
- Be familiar with the principal trends, theories, methods, and compositions in contemporary music.
- Be able to use their knowledge in order to defend their own solutions.
- Be familiar with research methods in the field of professional music.
- Be familiar with research ethics and ethics of artistic creation.
By the end of her/ his studies, the student can apply the methods and procedures of music composition. This entails that the student should:
- Have adopted responsible and independent work habits in their artistic creation.
- Have gained good command of the appropriate methods and technologies used in musical creation.
- Be able to gather, analyse, and assess data in research and creative processes.
- Be able to demonstrate originality, insight, and imagination in all types of musical activity.
- Be able to use their knowledge, understanding, and problem-solving abilities in an interdisciplinary musical context.
- Be able to develop projects and place them in the context of the theories of the field.
- Be able to develop and apply research methods for artistic creation.
- Be professionally literate with respect to their own works and the works of others.
By the end of her/ his studies, the student can apply their knowledge and skills in a practical way in their profession and/or further studies. This entails that the student should:
- Have developed the academic proficiency and independence in artistic creation necessary for further study and/or work.
- Be able to use their knowledge and understanding in professional work and in a musical work environment.
- Be able to participate actively in music projects, direct them, and take responsibility for their own work and the work of others.
- Be able to understand and navigate complex musical topics in a scholarly context.
- Be able to present and describe professional topics in music, both orally and in writing.
- Be able to take independent professional decisions and defend them.
- Have developed their critical awareness and be able to utilise critical discussion for creative work.
- Have gained proficiency in navigating the international professional music scene.