Department of Music
Instrumental / Vocal Education M.Mus.Ed. / MA
*Students have a choice between Research Training or Music in Dialouge, consult with course leader.
**Varied number of units; 3 or 6 ECTS.
***Varied number of units depending on scale of Final Thesis; 10, 20 or 30 ECTS.
By the end of the Master’s programme in instrumental and vocal teaching, students should:
- Be able to apply theories, ideologies, concepts, and methods in vocal and instrumental teaching, both verbally and in writing.
- Be able to prepare lesson plans and project timetables in accordance with conditions and the current educational policy, and be able to provide theoretical support for them.
- Be able to transfer their professional artistic knowledge, place it into a pedagogical context, and use it on-site.
- Have addressed the key issues that develop in the preparation and execution of teaching.
- Have demonstrated personal skill in creating, developing, and using ideas in vocal and instrumental teaching and communications.
- Have determined and assessed their own performance on a professional basis.
- Have applied the technique and professional knowledge required for teaching in their field.
- Have gathered, analysed, and assessed data in a process requiring research and artistic creation.
- Have documented findings, projects, or events in an appropriate manner.
- Have worked on pedagogical projects in a systematic and structured manner in a group setting.
- Have communicated their skills in vocal and instrumental performance, their ideas, and their knowledge of the discipline to many types of groups and under varying circumstances.
- Have taken the initiative on projects relating to music and teaching, including leading them and bearing responsibility for individual and group work.
- Have used the work habits and academic techniques required for further study at the master’s or doctoral level.