Department of Design
Fashion design BA
The student possesses knowledge within the field of fashion design. This implies that the student:
- Has knowledge of theories, concepts and methods used in fashion design.
- Has basic knowledge of the professional environment of fashion designers.
- Has insight and understanding to approach subjects in design in an individual manner.
- Has understanding of the ideology and concepts on which the designing of clothes is based.
- Knows the basics in search and information technology.
The student is able to use the methods and procedures of the field of fashion design. This implies that the student:
- Can take a critical stance on information and methods.
- Has adopted critical vision of their own works and those of others.
- Is able to participate in critical discourse in fashion design.
- Can make decisions and provide a rationale for these on professional grounds.
- Has technique and skill to work independently and systematically on subjects within fashion design.
- Has learnt to adopt broadmindedness and originality in their thinking.
- Is able to independently assess ideas used.
- Has adopted enquiring and varied working methods and daring in execution.
- Is able to utilise technology and equipment that serves the field.
The student is able to utilise her/his knowledge and proficiency for work and/or for further studies. This implies that the student:
- Has the independence and communication skills to actively participate in collaborations and lead working groups.
- Can work independently and systematically, set goals, select appropriate methods, produce a project/work plan and adhere to it.
- Is capable of interpreting and presenting their subjects and outcomes clearly in speech and in writing.
- Can communicate their ideas through their own works.
- Can communicate their skills, ideas and knowledge to different groups in different circumstances.
- Has cultivated their imagination for independent creativity and/or unconventional approaches and utilise this in their work.
- Has developed independent working methods for further study in their field.