Erasmus+ grant for traineeships at IUA
1. Student and host discuss the tasks and responsibilities of the student as well as the working arrangements.
2. Student sends the following to the international office:
-Name and country of the host.
-Dates of the traineeship.
-Language to be used during the traineeship.
-Insurance Statement signed by student. Document may be found here.
Students that apply for a traineeship lasting 6 months or longer must ask their host to send an e-mail to the international office with the following information:
-Reasons for length of the traineeship.
-In which way the host will provide the student with training.
3. The International Office then will send the following to the student:
-Grant agreement which the student signs at the international office or returns in original copy.
-OLS language test which the student completes online. If the traineeship language is the student’s mother tongue, then this step can be skipped.
4. The student fills out the training agreement in collaboration with the host and the international office. See instructions below.
5. When steps 1-4 are completed, the student will receive the first grant payment, 70% of the complete grant amount.
Instructions for training agreement
1. The training agreement can be downloaded from the right side bar menu on this page.
2. The student fills in all parts of the learning agreement in collaboration with the host.
Detailed programme of the traineeship
This part must include the following information:
• The dates of the traineeship.
• The objectives of the traineeship and reasons for choice of host.
• Clear description of tasks and responsibilities of trainee.
• Project schedule explaining the progress of the trainee’s tasks.
In this part the student should state which knowledge and skills will be acquired at the end of the training period. Please note that these objectives should be in line with the tasks stated in the detailed programme of the traineeship.
In this part the student should explain the working arrangements during the traineeship and in which way the student and mentor will communicate.
In evaluation plan the student writes: The student will receive a Traineeship certificate at the end of the placement period.
Contact in sending institution is: Heba Eir Kjeld, hebaeir [at] lhi.is, +354 5452226
-Traineeship in the summer: tick the box "The traineeship is voluntary" and write that you will receive 2 ECTS credits. Tick "yes" for Transcript of Records and Diploma Supplement, but "no" for Europass.
-Traineeship after gradyuation: tick the box "The traineeship is carried out by a recent graduate" and tick "no" everywhere else.
-Everyone: In the insurance part tick "no".
-LHÍ does not provide students with insurance during their traineeship. The host or the student must make sure that the trainee is covered. (More information in the insurance statement in the right side menu).
3. The student signs the agreement, gets a signature from the host, and then sends it to the international office.