The Academy facilities are open Monday - Friday, 8.00-16.00.
Access to the facilities can be gained with a card and access code from 16.00-01.00 Monday - Friday and 8.00-01.00 Saturday - Sunday.
Access codes can be obtained from the Academy office. The fee for replacing a card is ISK 10,000. Students are required to return the cards upon completion of the studies.
Maintenance: Ólafur Hallgrímsson, tel. +354 896 1470.
Equipment can be borrowed through the service assistants in each department. Office hours are normally weekdays between 9:00 - 15:00. Individuals who borrow equipment assume full responsibility for returning it at the designated time.
Students can photocopy in all departments.
Both students and staff at the Iceland Academy of the Arts are expected to treat all school facilities and equipment with care and respect. In that context, the following reminders are in order:
- Smoking is strictly forbidden within the Academy’s facilities. The same is true of the use of alcohol and narcotics.
- Food consumption is not permitted in lecture halls, classrooms and other areas for instruction.
- Students and staff are required to treat school facilities with care and take an active part in cleaning days which are organized at the end of each teaching period. Students are expected to remove their work and personal objects at the end of each semester. Note that objects left behind will be thrown away.
- Students and staff shall close windows and doors, turn off faucets etc. when they leave the Academy’s buildings.
- If furniture or equipment is damaged, please inform the service assistant immediately.
- Students and staff members are reminded to take care of their keys and passwords. Lending keys is forbidden, and the service assistant must be informed immediately of lost keys.
- Students and staff are strongly encouraged to inform appropriate authorities of suspicious persons within the school facilities, both day and night.