Computer and Web Services’s main office is located on the third floor of Þverholt 11. Computer services are provided at Sölvhólsgata and in Laugarnes according to need.
Computer service staff are available from 8:00 - 16:00 and can be reached by e-mail if they are out of the office during those hours.
Director of computer and web services: Sigurþór Þórisson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Requests for Service
Computer service is provided from 9:00 to 16:00. If the Computer Services staff is not available, a request for service can be made through e-mail to Requests must be accompanied by your name and school position (student, teacher, office), as well as an e-mail address and telephone number. State your request and the location where it should be carried out. Requests due to technical malfunctions and problems that disrupt instruction have priority and computer staff may be contacted on their mobile phones in those cases.
- Access codes are provided for Academy facilities.
- Students receive a print quota of 1000 points (eq. 200 b&w A4 pages or 100 in colour) per semester. Students in the Department of Design and Architecture receive a print quota of 1800 points per semester. Additional printing is available at a cost.
- Charges for additional printing are payable at the Main Office in Þverholt or to service assistants in Laugarnesvegur and Sölvhólsgata.
Information and assistance with the following is available:
- Connecting to the Academy network and e-mail service
- Accessing the Academy file server
- Setting up Academy printers on student computers where applicable
Computers and equipment owned by the Academy are fully serviced, including hardware and software.
Students receive assistance with basic services for their computers. The Computer and Service Department supports the following operating systems: Mac OS X, Linux, Windows, Visa Pro and Windows 7 pro.
If students´ computers cannot be successfully configured for access to Academy services due to faults in computer hardware, operating systems or other software, students must contact outside repair services at their own expense.
Teachers can receive assistance with basic services and software in connection with teaching.
Teachers and students are provided with e-mail addresses.